Friday, May 05, 2006

Letters To The Edge ( An Introduction )

To: You.

How've you been, then? It's been six months and we've haven't had a single letter from you. You avoiding us or something? Heh. I’m sorry. I did not mean it in an accusing way. These things just don’t sound right when we write them down. Strange.

Well, the gang met up today. You remember them? There used to be five of us. There was Abel, Vincent, Dillian, me. You. But then you left. You just up and disappeared. And all we had for an explanation was a damned 2 page letter for the bunch of us. Your mother did not help things one bit, being as vague as she was. 1 week. 2. And then you sent us a letter from the other side of the world. From the other side of the world. I still cannot believe how you could just leave like that without even telling us. Without telling me.

Maybe things were a little rough between us after our break up, but at the very least I would have thought that we were friends.

Sigh. Never mind. We all got over the initial shock, and settled back into routine after you called Vince to let him… us… know what happened and that you were alright. To be honest, I'm kinda hurt that you did not call me instead. I mean, sure, you and Vince were once a couple for almost 2 years, but… So were we! And although we only lasted as long as we did, I'm sure it was something more intense, and more special than what you had with Vince. I just don’t see why you'd have to go and call him, of all people, we all know what kind of a person he… I'm sorry. I'm getting a little carried away.

I probably should not talk about that anymore. We all know how worked up I get over the subject of Vince.

As I was saying, the gang met up today. Everyone's the same. Nobody's changed much. I mean, how much can happen to you when you’re stuck in a dump like this place? The subject of you came up. We were all wondering if you were still holding up.

Abel's still doing swordsmanship training. Says his instructor will be introducing him to using two swords soon. Naturally he could not stop talking about that. Heh. Ah Abel. Always the naive idealist. I tell you he’s going to get himself hurt one day. Can you believe that he likes me? Sigh.

Your wonderful ex-boyfriend is still with Helen. They have their arguments, as usual. You know how he is. I find it extremely hard to understand how you managed to put up with him for 2 years. Bah. Oh, his animation project is just about done. We hope that it’ll work out; will keep you updated on that.

Dillian. Ever the womanizer. Nothing new to report here. His latest 'relationship' crashed and burned in record time. As if that would ever be a surprise. I'm sure I'll get a huge kick out of seeing Abel's reaction when he finally realizes that Dillian has been in love with him for the past 5 years. Oh my. What a show that would be.

And me? I'm still dancing. I've lost a bit of the inspiration ever since you left (Yes I'm still angry at you). But I’m doing okay. I have a competition in about 2 months' time. It would be really nice if you could watch me dance on that day. You do know how I love it when you look at me with those sparkling greens of yours. Sigh, but I suppose you won't be showing up, as usual.

You were always so busy, even when we were together. It's always your friends first; your classmates first; Vincent first. It was not me you first turned to for comfort when that incident with your leg happened. Hell, you never looked at me at all. You simply shut me out whenever I wanted to be there for you. Yes I know I was more than a little clingy back then, but we were sorting it out weren't we?

Argh. Fine, be that way. Stay where you are over on the other side of the world! I love you, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else, ever, but damned will I be if I let you keep me dangling, mangling my heart in the process!

I will end here before I burst into a fit and tear this letter up and end up having to write another one. The gang sends its regards, and tell you to take care of yourself. And I apologize for the crumples at the bottom of the letter. You know how I tend to ball up my fists whenever I’m agitated. And you know FULLY WELL how you do that to me.

Even though you’re all the way on the other side of the world.

Do take care, and please write us soon.


From: A damned fool who's still madly in love with you.
- Gwen.
05/05/2006

P.S: Happy 365 days ago. You do remember what happened on this day, right?



visit www.spiffmeister.blogspot.com for the author's comments.

lol.

No comments: